Reasons why you should hire a transplanted New Yorker (that would be me, btw) to help you find your new home when moving from NY to NC:
- I will tell you where the best pizza places are – and of course, they are all owned by transplants as well.
- You can understand my accent. (Although after 21 years down here, an occasional *y’all* may slip out – don’t judge! You’ll find you start to do it too, after awhile. Yeah, believe it. I’ll take odds on this one.
- We are a different breed – we tell it like it is, and you’ll always know where you stand – but that’s the trademark of a good agent anyhow, in my book.
- I can introduce you to other transplanted New Yorkers, thereby helping you to acclimate….
- You won’t believe how much more house you can buy for the same amount you’ve paid up there. Seriously. I’ll show you.
- The quality of life is better – you can live on or near one of our lakes, in a golf course community, or in a neighborhood close to Uptown with a great walkability factor. The choice is yours. I’m here to help.
- When I first moved down here, I worked for FedEx as a courier. I know the streets and the neighborhoods around here better than most. They handed me a map and keys and off I went til I figured it out. I’ll save you the trouble and clue you in to what to look for, landmarks etc to help you figure it all out.
- I know the difference between gravy and sauce. And I have my mother’s recipe – if you’re nice to me I may share it. And she’s a heckuva cook. Killer stuffing for Thanksgiving, too.
- We will find you find the right neighborhood and house; I’ll give you recommendations on inspectors, attorneys, lenders, etc and set everything up. Even handymen/subs if you’re looking for a fixer upper, as I have a background in rehabbing and being a landlord too. I will be there to walk you through the entire process.
- When you tell me about the commute along the LIE, BQE, Southern State Pkwy, over any of the bridges or tunnels, etc., I will completely understand and relate.
So call me at 704-771-9200 and let’s get started – I’ll mail you a packet from the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce so you can start to get acquainted with your new city, and set you up on an email search, if you like – targeting your specific wants and needs in a home. So, whaddya waiting for?After marrying my sweetie who graduated from St John’s University, we moved down here. I’ve been in NC since ’93, and Charlotte specifically since ’95. I lived all over the area: first an apt then a single family house in the University area, on the southeast side near Weddington/Matthews, a townhouse/condo south side in Ballantyne, the east side in Cotswold, up in Mooresville in a Lake Norman frontage subdivision, and most recently north of Uptown In NoDa – The Arts District. I know the areas. I know how to negotiate on your behalf. And I know New Yorkers.
Read more: http://www.charlottehomesandhappenings.com/2014/10/13/moving-queens-5-boroughs-queen-city/