Spring has arrived and you are so ready, but is your abode? A new season is the perfect excuse to fuse new colors and energy into your home and really let it shine. The good news is you don’t have to spend tons of money or time to welcome spring and show Old Man Winter the door. These 10 ideas can easily transform indoor and outdoor spaces from drab to fab.
1. Declutter – The first step to any home project is to declutter. Have boxes and trash bags ready for easy sorting. Consider pairing up with a friend, family member or significant other who can keep you on track and help you decide what to do with items if you get stuck.
2. Plant Spring Blooms – One of the best parts of the season is all the brilliant color! Make your outside area pop with Hyacinths, Tulips, Pansies and Violas. If you aren’t sure which plants work best in your area, visit your local nursery or garden center and ask the experts.
3. Room Refresh – Update your favorite indoor spaces with trendy pillows, new art, cool nick nacks, chic picture frames, vases and more. Get into the black and white craze with geometric designs that are sure to be conversation starters, or incorporate blue or soft green hues to inspire a calming vibe.
4. Clean the Windows – Let Mother Nature help show off the interior by cleaning your windows inside and out. Sparkling windows will allow the sunshine to pour in and create cozy spaces. Do it yourself or hire a professional to get the job done.
5. Create a Welcoming Front Door – A seasonal wreath and fresh coat of paint on your front door is a stunning way to add some WOW to the outside of your home. Take your cue from the season with bright yellows, dark blues and playful purples.
6. Refresh the Bedding – Bid goodbye to flannel sheets and heavy comforters and say hello to bright and light bedding and pillows. Choose materials that breathe and show off your unique style.
7. Improve Outdoor Space – Spring is made for sittin and sippin! Make your outdoor spaces warm and welcoming with new seat cushions, colorful rugs, potted plants and a pitcher and glass set just begging for friends to stop by for a cool glass of lemonade.
8. Set a Spring Table – Whether you are hosting friends or enjoying a cozy night in, a beautifully set table is a guaranteed way to embrace the season. Find a fun tablecloth, cute napkin rings, beautiful plates and creative candles to inspire the mood. When it gets warmer, take your creation outside and dine under the stars.
9. Upgrade Reading Material – If you have coffee table books or magazines out for display, change them out to reflect the season. Find a National Parks, best beaches or wild flowers picture book to get your guests talking and put out magazines that show off area homes, gardens or cool vacation spots.
10. Bathroom Beauty – Welcome guests with a shot of spring by adding new soaps and hand towels in the kitchen and bathrooms. Go for fun animal or flower shaped soaps and find towels that accent your room colors or display fun or funny sayings.
Quick, easy and beautiful, you’ll be feeling warm all over with these quick tips and tricks!