Bidding Wars! You’ve heard about them – in the paper, on HGTV and even on your street. So, you are ready to sell your home and wondering how they work…and how to even get one started. Lucky you… Lexie Longstreet with Savvy + Co. is sharing all her secrets on how to get the highest return when selling your house.
How do I know what my home is worth?
Ah, the number one question sellers want to know. What is the value of my house and how can I get the most money from the sale? Very good questions. This is where the “real” in real estate agent becomes a huge benefit. Real estate agents not only use comparable market sold stats but neighborhood information, sales trends to work with you to figure out the magic number so you can get to “sold” quickly and with multiple offers.
Why is staging so important to the selling process?
Staging not only puts your home in the best light for buyers, it could help you get more money. Do you know the difference between staging, re-stylers and when it’s okay to do it yourself? A professional real estate agent can take you room by room and share their vision of how to make your home shine!
Which repairs or upgrades are important and which are a waste of money?
Great question! Sellers are often hesitant about where to put their funds when it comes to getting the home ready to sell. An experienced agent can tell you how to get the biggest bang for your buck – and what improvements can add real value to your home.
Have you also been wondering:
- How a buyer’s financing affects your bottom line?
- Why having a home inspection BEFORE you list your home is a good idea?
- How to juggle selling one home while buying another (and avoiding the potential pitfalls)?
- What’s an escalation clause and should you embrace it?
- What day of the week and month is the best day to get multiple offers?
- How long it will take to put a home on the market?